| pexels |
Anywho, this event is run by Jameson C. Smith over @ Lovely Whatsoevers.
Thanks for the event!
~ ~ ~
- Introduce yourself + WIP
Hello! I’m the writer. My favorite chocolate is Reese's peanut butter cups, I love almost every color of nail polish, but most often find myself applying black with sparkles, and I've been playing Webkinz's Atlantiles so much lately that I see the tiles everywhere. All. The. Time. I’m probably going to have to take a break because, that can’t be healthy.
My wip is ya, and at the end of this post I’ll share a few songs that fit the vibe and theme! :)
- August goals
I want to hit 200 pages in my manuscript. It's doable since I'm only a few pages away from that, but you just never know how life's gonna life.
- Genres you write + a genre you want to write
If memory serves, so far I’ve written medieval action & adventure, dystopian, and contemporary.
For the future, one thing I want to do is incorporate more mystery elements into the books I write. What I mean by that is I want to be able to write great twists, ones you never saw coming but when you reread the story there were a thousands hints pointing to them all along. Those are the best books!
- What's your writing routine?
I write either in the morning or in the evening. Right now, I'm bouncing between the two, trying to see if one works better for me than the other.
But whichever of those I choose for the day, I grab my laptop and my notes. Open Spotify. Open my document. Select a playlist. Check my notes. And begin. :)
- What's your writing fuel? (Drinks, snacks, playlist recs...)
When writing, I have going either a playlist that fits the mood of the scene or just a general atmospheric playlist of the world. So for example, if I know I’m tackling an action scene, I’ll choose a playlist of action soundtracks. However, if I don’t want a specific mood, but just something that grounds me in, say a medieval world, then I’ll listen to a medieval playlist that could have any and all moods.
Here are the songs I promised :)
3."blue flower." alchemy of souls
~ ~ ~
If you want to answer these questions (and get a peek at next week's prompts) check out the link to Jameson's post above.
Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoyed!
Go be epic!
0 comments