clichés still win hearts

pexels

I’m watching tree shadows dance across the forest floor, and he is watching me. 

Glancing over, I catch his eye. “What? Why are you…”

He grins. “Because you’re beautiful.”

I should roll my eyes. He deserves it for such a cliché line. But it was very sweet. So in spite of his shockingly unoriginal romantic comments, I reach across the space between us and slide my hand into his. 

His stupid grin grows wider, and now I can’t help but roll my eyes. “You’re not that smooth.”

He lifts our intertwined fingers, pressing the back of my hand to his lips. “And yet you’re holding my hand.”  

~ ~ ~ 

Clichés still win hearts! (at least in my male character’s experience xD) 
Hope you enjoyed this random snippet! 

Also, happy September!
We’re in the first “ber” month. I repeat, this is not a drill. We’re in the first “ber” month!
*throws a bucket of fall leaves into the air and prances off stage*
 

0 comments